In the development of the Emerald Ash Borer Website, we have worked towards adding a significant number of accessibility features. These features complement the use of assistive technologies and to help make the site usable to the broadest possible audience, everyone from those who use assistive technologies to those with a low end browser or computer.
For assistance with the content and function of this site, please use the 'Contact Information' link at the very bottom of every page. We also provide a link back to this Accessibility page at the bottom of each page.
Users of the JAWS screen reader: Please be aware that JAWS is designed to work best with Internet Explorer. If you are using JAWS but have selected to use another browser, JAWS may not be able to take advantage of the accessibility features provided within this application.
Note: Once you navigate outside of this site these accessibility features might not necessarily be implemented.
In the development of this site, we followed the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to the best of our abilities.
Most web browsers support linking to specific pages by typing named access keys:
- Windows users
- Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome: Press ALT + an access key.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Press ALT + an access key + ENTER
- Macintosh users: Press CONTROL + an access key.
All pages on this site use the following access keys for common tasks:
- S - Skip to Content
- 1 - Home Page
- 2 - Contact Us
- 3 - Sitemap
- 4 - About This Site
- 5 - Privacy Statement
- 6 - Indicia
- 7 - Linking Information
- 0 - Site Accessibility
All pages contain a 'skip to content' link for users who use speech browsers or keyboard navigation who wish to avoid repeated groupings of links.
This site uses Cascading Style Sheets to control all of the presentation. Turning off the style sheet will affect the visual presentation and may affect the functionality of the site for some users.
Links and Images
- Necessary links were assigned 'TITLE' attributes to describe the target in greater detail. Users of assistive technology may wish to set screen reader options to take full advantage of this feature.
- Images used in this site include a descriptive 'ALT' attribute. Those images which are purely decorative or used for layout include a null 'ALT' attribute.
- Screen reader table functions within screen readers may be used on this site. The tables are properly coded to take advantage these functions. Example: Using JAWS in Internet Explorer, use Control + ALT + Right Arrow to properly read a table with table headers.
- Tables used in this site include 'SUMMARY' attributes to describe the table in greater detail.